Ian Clark's Corner Kicks: No rest for No. 1 Exeter girls
Exeter, the No. 1 ranked team in the National Soccer Coaches Association of America national poll, defeated previously unbeaten Bedford (7-1-1) by a 3-0 score on Tuesday and will play at Pinkerton Academy of Derry (8-0-0) today at 4 p.m.
While Exeter has won by a comfortable span through most of its games (two goals is the lowest margin of victory), Pinkerton has powered along with efficient defense and timely scoring in close contests.
It all adds up to what should be an excellent matchup today in Derry between two teams that appear destined to meet again in the playoffs.
Honorable mentions: Manchester Central (6-2-0), Bow (9-1-0), Woodsville (8-0-1). Let's hear it: There was a lot of feedback about the top five rankings this week and the numbers have been adjusted to include more factors. Coaches are encouraged to check in via email with thoughts and input to help the top five reflect the best of the best. Big win for Manchester Memorial: The Memorial girls' team earned a 2-1 victory over Keene last week for the first win of the season. The Crusaders (1-7-2) also have two ties this season after going winless in 2012.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Warner officials research solar energy project - 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
A chief walks: No charges in New London
Big tipper stops for lunch