This Week's Rare Bird Alert
A sedge wren, a clay-colored sparrow, and a dickcissel were seen at the Concord Community Gardens along Birch Lane off of Clinton Street in Concord on Sept. 29, and a previously reported blue grosbeak (in brown plumage) was still being seen there as of the 27th.
A yellow-breasted chat was seen at White’s Farm in Concord on Sept. 27, but has not been relocated.
Fourteen pectoral sandpipers, a Bonaparte’s gull, a great cormorant, 10 blue-winged teal, and 15 rusty blackbirds were all reported from World End Pond in Salem on Sept. 29.
A Nelson’s sparrow was seen at Horseshoe Pond in Concord on Sept. 26, and a Wilson’s snipe was also present.
Four blue-winged teal were seen at Mascoma Lake in Enfield on Sept. 26.
A rusty blackbird was seen in Nashua on Sept. 29.
An olive-sided flycatcher was seen in Pittsfield on Sept. 26.
Thirty American pipits were reported from Mount Washington near the Lake of the Clouds on Sept. 28.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woman sues after her dogs kill neighbor's pet beagle - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Breed's bad reputation skews the truth about pitbulls - 2
- Auburn family's dog found shot in head - 10
- Cat dies after reportedly being thrown from vehicle on Route 11 in New Durham - 6
- Swanzey dog rescue seeks funds to rebuild after fire - 0
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Derry residents debate dog leash law - 0
- Man who shot Huskies was worried he would be target of animal rights groups - 20
- Police say three Huskies missing in Merrimack were mistaken as wolves and shot, killed - 75
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll
Right to Life sues over NH clinic records