Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Police: UNH student falsely reported assault
UNH Police Chief Paul Dean said the young woman has "recanted her story" about two men who threw her to the ground and tried to steal her wallet on Wednesday night before she fought them off.
The report of the violent assault, which Dean earlier had called a "first" for the Durham university, prompted a campus-wide alert and increased campus patrols.
In a statement released Friday, Dean said, "Although I am aware of circumstances that would explain why she fabricated the incident, the university is reviewing all options including bringing criminal charges and other administrative sanctions."
"We work hard to create as safe an environment as possible for this community and false reports like this tend to elevate what should be a reasonable and appropriate level of caution to an unnecessary level of fear for our students, their families, and for the faculty, staff and other community members at UNH," the chief said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 3
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
- Police probe Sanborn high school bomb threat - 0
- Raymond man faces trial in second child sex assault case - 0
- Manchester man charged with robbing store 3 times - 1
- Enfield man killed in hit-and-run in Vermont - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 2
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 3
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424