Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Police: UNH student falsely reported assault
UNH Police Chief Paul Dean said the young woman has "recanted her story" about two men who threw her to the ground and tried to steal her wallet on Wednesday night before she fought them off.
The report of the violent assault, which Dean earlier had called a "first" for the Durham university, prompted a campus-wide alert and increased campus patrols.
In a statement released Friday, Dean said, "Although I am aware of circumstances that would explain why she fabricated the incident, the university is reviewing all options including bringing criminal charges and other administrative sanctions."
"We work hard to create as safe an environment as possible for this community and false reports like this tend to elevate what should be a reasonable and appropriate level of caution to an unnecessary level of fear for our students, their families, and for the faculty, staff and other community members at UNH," the chief said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 28
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 0
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917