Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Police: UNH student falsely reported assault
UNH Police Chief Paul Dean said the young woman has "recanted her story" about two men who threw her to the ground and tried to steal her wallet on Wednesday night before she fought them off.
The report of the violent assault, which Dean earlier had called a "first" for the Durham university, prompted a campus-wide alert and increased campus patrols.
In a statement released Friday, Dean said, "Although I am aware of circumstances that would explain why she fabricated the incident, the university is reviewing all options including bringing criminal charges and other administrative sanctions."
"We work hard to create as safe an environment as possible for this community and false reports like this tend to elevate what should be a reasonable and appropriate level of caution to an unnecessary level of fear for our students, their families, and for the faculty, staff and other community members at UNH," the chief said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 25
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 9
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917