Home » News » Public Safety
Merrimack barn destroyed in morning fire
The two-alarm fire broke out around 6 a.m. at 106 Wire Rd. One of the occupants of the residence noticed that the barn was on fire and informed his father, who quickly retrieved a hose to try and contain the blaze, said fire officials.
A large recreational vehicle that was housed inside of the barn was completely totalled, according to Fire Chief Michael Currier, who said the fire likely originated in the rear of the RV.
A second RV was removed from the area before the fire spread, but firefighters still had to deal with several propane cylinders housed inside of the burning barn.
"We were concerned with the home on the property and a neighboring house," said Currier. Both of those residences were evacuated as a precaution.
The cause of the fire is yet undetermined, but Currier said it does not appear suspicious. It took firefighters about 40 minutes to knock down the blaze.
Firefighters from Nashua, Manchester, Bedford, Amherst and Hollis assisted at the scene, while crews from Milford and Londonderry provided station coverage.
A portion of Wire Road was closed during fire. There were no injuries, according to Currier.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorcyclist suffers minor injuries in Saturday crash in Laconia - 0
- 18-year-old located with mother, brother on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Two killed in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- New fire training facility proposed in Nashua - 0
- 2 die in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- NH police on lookout for drunken drivers - 5
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Know the Law: Know your rights when dealing with debt collectors - 0
- Ask SCORE: Getting help with routine chores allows owners to focus on critical issues - 0
- Another View - Richard Ober: We have to act now to stop the decline in NH's future prospects - 0
- Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate - 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester - 0
- Wildcats focus on positives following opening loss - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
DWI License Revocations