NHIAA Sports Roundup: Late goal lifts Central over Timberlane
Central goalie Mikaela Edmunds made seven saves for her second shutout of the season. Timberlane goalie Julie Walsh had four saves. Central is now 3-5-2 while Timberlane fell to 7-3.
Trinity 4, Manchester West 1: At Manchester, Trinity improved to 3-6-0 with a win over city rival West (0-9-0). Trinity scorers were senior captain Sidney Elithorpe, freshman Noelle Theodoulou, Ashley Brenner and Hannah Brewitt. West got its tally from Ajna Masic in the 66th minute. Trinity junior goalie Jenna Arcand made seven saves, as did West keeper Katie Brockway.
Hollis/Brookline 5, Milford 1: At Milford, Cole Owens, Sam Whitaker, Evan Porter, Ryan Papineau and Michael Pattelena all scored goals to lead the way for H/B (8-2) in Division II play. Owens added two assists.
Salem 3, Londonderry 0: At Salem, the Blue Devils improved to 7-3 with wins of 25-18, 25-22 and 26-22. Salem was led by Shari Jaranovits (three blocks) and Kayla Hannon (11 assists). Londonderry (3-8) was paced by Madison Milton (eight kills), Emily Georgakopoulos (six assists) and Taylor Collins (four blocks).
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan