NHIAA Football: Knight vision spurs South to win over Exeter
South scored on each of its first three second-half possessions and handed Exeter a 28-6 setback at Stellos Stadium.
South capped the scoring on Collin Morrow's 1-yard run and Ryan Guidaboni's fourth PAT kick with 3:01 remaining in regulation. The TD was set up by Knight's 63-yard run down to the Exeter 1.
Knight finished the game with 189 yards rushing on 19 carries. He also completed 13 of 29 passes for 168 yards.
The Blue Hawks were coming off last Saturday's 21-14 overtime loss to Bishop Guertin.
Exeter built a 6-0 halftime lead on two Matt Oppici field goals. Both kicks followed a mistake by Nashua South.
Oppici's second field goal — a 36-yarder with 7:35 left in the half — was set up when Exeter's Jay Inzenga blocked a South punt that gave the Blue Hawks the ball on the South 26.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan