NHIAA Football: Knight vision spurs South to win over Exeter
South scored on each of its first three second-half possessions and handed Exeter a 28-6 setback at Stellos Stadium.
South capped the scoring on Collin Morrow's 1-yard run and Ryan Guidaboni's fourth PAT kick with 3:01 remaining in regulation. The TD was set up by Knight's 63-yard run down to the Exeter 1.
Knight finished the game with 189 yards rushing on 19 carries. He also completed 13 of 29 passes for 168 yards.
The Blue Hawks were coming off last Saturday's 21-14 overtime loss to Bishop Guertin.
Exeter built a 6-0 halftime lead on two Matt Oppici field goals. Both kicks followed a mistake by Nashua South.
Oppici's second field goal — a 36-yarder with 7:35 left in the half — was set up when Exeter's Jay Inzenga blocked a South punt that gave the Blue Hawks the ball on the South 26.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ian Clark's Monarchs Notebook: Berube makes most of his shot - 0
- Red-hot Monarchs top Wolf Pack on the road - 0
- Deslauriers comes through in the Nick of time for Monarchs - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Rookie makes most of chance - 0
- Monarchs cut Ullrich - 0
- Monarchs fall in Sunday shootout - 0
- Sabourin's two goals pace Monarchs past P-Bruins - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' 'kids' get job done - 0
- Monarchs roll past Sharks, 4-1 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event