Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: UNH field hockey falls to No. 9 Boston College
RIT 3, UNH 2: At Durham, Nicole Gifford and Heather Kashman scored a goal each Friday night, but the University of New Hampshire women's hockey (1-2-0) team fell to the Rochester Institute of Technology, 3-2, in the home opener. RIT led 2-0 before notching a goal with 2:56 remaining in the first period on a Gifford blast. Kashman tied the game in the second, but RIT got the game-winner with 8:21 remaining in regulation.
Dartmouth: The Big Green had a strong showing on day one of the Ivy Challenge hosted by Yale on Friday, picking up nine wins in 12 matches. The Big Green went 5-3 in singles play and a perfect 4-0 in doubles.
Dartmouth: Dovydas Sakinas and Brandon DeBot picked up wins for the Big Green while Blake Niehaus fell in singles play on the first day of the Columbia Classic.
In singles action, Sakinas topped Dalen Klassen of Marist in straight sets in the opening match of A Flight. In B Flight, DeBot fell in two sets to Marist's Joe Dube. In C Flight, Frederico Ruis of St. John's defeated Dartmouth's Niehaus in straight sets.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice