Home » Sports » College Sports
College Sports Roundup: UNH field hockey falls to No. 9 Boston College
RIT 3, UNH 2: At Durham, Nicole Gifford and Heather Kashman scored a goal each Friday night, but the University of New Hampshire women's hockey (1-2-0) team fell to the Rochester Institute of Technology, 3-2, in the home opener. RIT led 2-0 before notching a goal with 2:56 remaining in the first period on a Gifford blast. Kashman tied the game in the second, but RIT got the game-winner with 8:21 remaining in regulation.
Dartmouth: The Big Green had a strong showing on day one of the Ivy Challenge hosted by Yale on Friday, picking up nine wins in 12 matches. The Big Green went 5-3 in singles play and a perfect 4-0 in doubles.
Dartmouth: Dovydas Sakinas and Brandon DeBot picked up wins for the Big Green while Blake Niehaus fell in singles play on the first day of the Columbia Classic.
In singles action, Sakinas topped Dalen Klassen of Marist in straight sets in the opening match of A Flight. In B Flight, DeBot fell in two sets to Marist's Joe Dube. In C Flight, Frederico Ruis of St. John's defeated Dartmouth's Niehaus in straight sets.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 42
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings