Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester woman faces drug charges in Mass.
According to a police press release, a trooper stopped a 2012 Infiniti M37, driven by Carlos Alberto Richards, 34, of Boston, near the Massachusetts Turnpike toll plaza shortly before 1 a.m.
Police said his passenger, Sandra Ovalles, 32, of Manchester, turned over a small bag of marijuana when the trooper asked if there were drugs in the vehicle.
A state police dog was brought to the scene and discovered a hidden compartment containing a large plastic bag of what appeared to be about a kilogram of cocaine, police said.
Both Richards and Ovalles were taken to the state police barracks in Sturbridge and charged with trafficking in a Class B substance; possession with intent to distribute; conspiracy to violate the drug laws; and possession of marijuana.
Ovalles was released on bail and Richards was held on $25,000 bail. Both are set to appear in Dudley District Court on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 10
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 7
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief