Home » News » Public Safety
Raymond woman killed, two others hurt in Route 27 crash
Leeann Bergeron, 18, of Raymond was killed after she lost control of a Ford Explorer she was driving west on Route 27, authorities said. The SUV crossed the yellow center line and struck a guardrail on the other side of the road about 1:15 a.m., police said.
"The occupants of the vehicle said she was kind of jerking the wheel," police Officer Steve McPherson said at the police station. "It caused her to lose control."
Authorities said alcohol was found inside the SUV.
After losing control of the vehicle, Bergeron "tried to compensate and struck the guardrail, at which time the vehicle flipped," McPherson said. The SUV landed on the driver side and slid, he said.
"At least two of the occupants were ejected," McPherson said.
Bergeron worked at the Dunkin' Donuts a short distance off of Route 101's Exit 5 in Raymond.
"She was a great girl," said her boss, who didn't want to say anything else until he first talked with her family.
On Facebook, family members changed their profile pictures to one featuring the teenager and a dog.
"I lost a beautiful sister today. I love you Leeann Bergeron," wrote Kerri, one of her sisters.
Two passengers were sent to area hospitals. Shannon Hamel, 19, of Raymond was taken to Elliot Hospital in Manchester, where she was treated and released. Chanelle Fuller, 18, of Raymond was taken to Exeter Hospital with serious injuries, McPherson said.
Police said a third passenger, Haydn Reese, 20, of Epping, left the scene before police arrived.
Less than a month ago, another fatal crash occurred on Route 27 "in the same general area," McPherson said.
On Saturday, resident Doug Bowen said he saw police "with tape measures out there" across the street from his residence at Riverview Condos. He called Route 27 "pretty busy. People come flying through."
McPherson said the speed limit is 55 mph in that stretch.
"I think that sometimes they, especially younger drivers, don't take into consideration some of the curves in that area," he said. "We are asking drivers to use caution and drive safely.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate