Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Krug scores as B's beat Wings
Milan Lucic had two assists for the Bruins, who outshot the Red Wings 37-26.
The Red Wings, who rallied from a 2-0 deficit for a 3-2 win in overtime at Carolina the night before, started slowly and never recovered after Marchand and Caron scored in the second period to put Boston up 3-1.
Henrik Zetterberg scored Detroit's only goal, tying it at 1 with 3:11 left in the first period.
The Red Wings failed to score on two power plays, making them 0-for-5 in their first three games of the season.
Krug, who scored in the playoffs but never in a regular-season game, gave Boston a 1-0 lead with 10:49 left in the first period when he fired a slap shot from just inside the blue line and beat Howard to put the Bruins up 1-0. Milan Lucic and David Krejci assisted and Zdeno Chara also helped with a sizable screen in front of Howard.
Marchand scored just 36 seconds into the second period on a wrist shot inside the far post and Caron poked in a backhand pass from Reilly Smith in the slot to put Boston up 3-1 with 12:06 left in the second period.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis playground effort gains community support - 0
- Kid Zenith members working to make a difference - 0
- Family with special needs students struggles with move - 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass