Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Krug scores as B's beat Wings
Milan Lucic had two assists for the Bruins, who outshot the Red Wings 37-26.
The Red Wings, who rallied from a 2-0 deficit for a 3-2 win in overtime at Carolina the night before, started slowly and never recovered after Marchand and Caron scored in the second period to put Boston up 3-1.
Henrik Zetterberg scored Detroit's only goal, tying it at 1 with 3:11 left in the first period.
The Red Wings failed to score on two power plays, making them 0-for-5 in their first three games of the season.
Krug, who scored in the playoffs but never in a regular-season game, gave Boston a 1-0 lead with 10:49 left in the first period when he fired a slap shot from just inside the blue line and beat Howard to put the Bruins up 1-0. Milan Lucic and David Krejci assisted and Zdeno Chara also helped with a sizable screen in front of Howard.
Marchand scored just 36 seconds into the second period on a wrist shot inside the far post and Caron poked in a backhand pass from Reilly Smith in the slot to put Boston up 3-1 with 12:06 left in the second period.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement