Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Football: Penn tips Dartmouth in 4 OTs
Just minutes before, St. Anselm's Matt Gordon had returned a fumble 22 yards for the go-ahead touchdown.
The Hawks (0-5) went ahead 14-6 on a 19-yard TD pass from Andrew Murphy to Justin Bernard.
Mercandante scored on a one-yard run in the first quarter to make it 7-0 and Westfield State pushed the lead to 17-0 at the half with a Michael Orellana 21-yard field goal and Tom Rich 70-yard touchdown pass to Kevin Nicol.
Plymouth State quarterback Ryan Perron finished the day 9-for-18 for 64 yards and two interceptions. Andrew Foglia ran for 63 yards on 23 carries. Sam Bellamy finished with 13 tackles to lead the Panthers defense.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Chara's 'Gordie' lifts Bruins over Rangers - 0
- Bruin’s effort a turkey in 6-1 loss to Detroit - 0
- Krug lifts Bruins over Penguins in OT - 0
- B's top Hurricanes in overtime - 0
- Blues tip Bruins in shootout - 0
- Soderberg, Smith lead Bruins to victory - 0
- Strong third period helps Senators end Bruins hex - 0
- Former Monarchs lift Kings over Islanders - 0
- Lucic goal lifts Bruins to overtime victory - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released