Golf course's suit targets Northern Pass accord
"If there are legitimate legal issues that deserve consideration, the court is the proper forum for that discussion, not the newspaper. We believe, however, that the 2007 Easement Deed provides PSNH with clear legal rights, and we will respond to the issues in the legal proceeding," Skelton said in an email.
"We have not sold a single property.... We can't survive without selling real estate," Mullen said.
Mullen, Lankau and Owl Street Associates LLC filed a civil suit Tuesday in Grafton County Superior Court in North Haverhill against PSNH, Northern Pass Transmission and Northeast Utilities. The suit asks the court to grant an injunction to stop the utilities from making claims over the property and settle "once and for all that they are claiming rights they do not have," said Hopkinton attorney Arthur B. Cunningham.
In 2010, Owl's Nest Resort & Golf Club was appraised at $23 million and employed about 70 people, Mullen said.
"I'm hearing appraisal numbers now of $2 million to $3 million," he said. The resort is "way behind" on its mortgage and faces foreclosure. It owes about $380,000 in property taxes, and only about 30 people work there.
"If something doesn't happen pretty quickly, we are going to bite the dust here because we can't keep the place open," Mullen said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Concern grows over Hollis portion of proposed gas pipeline - 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 15
- Berlin BioPower plant coming up to speed - 18
- Alexandria support for wind farm not strong, officials say - 3
- Third wind farm company withdraws leases for Newfound-area project - 8
- NH officials again request options for Northern Pass path - 23
- Legislator calls for closing of Groton wind farm - 16
- PUC report says PSNH should sell its plants and the public should pay - 20
- Report on PSNH power plants heartens utility's competitors - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
- Police say three lured contractor to robbery through Craigslist - 0
- Derry library's proposed 2015 budget moves forward - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing