Golf course's suit targets Northern Pass accord
"If there are legitimate legal issues that deserve consideration, the court is the proper forum for that discussion, not the newspaper. We believe, however, that the 2007 Easement Deed provides PSNH with clear legal rights, and we will respond to the issues in the legal proceeding," Skelton said in an email.
"We have not sold a single property.... We can't survive without selling real estate," Mullen said.
Mullen, Lankau and Owl Street Associates LLC filed a civil suit Tuesday in Grafton County Superior Court in North Haverhill against PSNH, Northern Pass Transmission and Northeast Utilities. The suit asks the court to grant an injunction to stop the utilities from making claims over the property and settle "once and for all that they are claiming rights they do not have," said Hopkinton attorney Arthur B. Cunningham.
In 2010, Owl's Nest Resort & Golf Club was appraised at $23 million and employed about 70 people, Mullen said.
"I'm hearing appraisal numbers now of $2 million to $3 million," he said. The resort is "way behind" on its mortgage and faces foreclosure. It owes about $380,000 in property taxes, and only about 30 people work there.
"If something doesn't happen pretty quickly, we are going to bite the dust here because we can't keep the place open," Mullen said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Utilities plan $3 billion natural gas pipeline - 1
- Alternative energy vehicles rule Mount Washington Auto road - 0
- Natural gas pipeline still holds promise for Groveton - 1
- Bird causes Concord-area power outage Monday - 0
- Swanzey solar array should be completed by end of 2014 - 1
- New Londonderry transmission line project will add 60 more utility poles - 0
- 'Northern Trespass' film to be screened in Nashua on Thursday night - 0
- Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America - 0
- Ayotte says Northern Pass lines should be buried beneath roads - 12
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem