Home » News » Public Safety
Salem man dies in Atkinson motorcycle crash
State Police say a motorcycle driven by John Shivelhood, 51, of Salem, was traveling north when it swerved off the road and crashed between Maple and Sawyer avenues. The accident was less than a mile from Atkinson's border with Plaistow and the Massachusetts state line..
Shivelhood was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger, Donna McMahon-Marcotte, 57, was seriously hurt and was taken to Tufts New England Medical Center in Boston for treatment.
Due to the crash, police restricted freedom of travel along a half-mile stretch of Main Street in Atkinson, between Sawyer and Maple avenues, for about five hours after the crash.
Police have asked that anyone with information about the crash contact Trooper Matthew Locke at (603)223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?