Home » Opinion » Editorials
AG not helping police: Refusal to inform harms everyone
A state police trooper shoots and kills an unlicensed motorist in the middle of a Manchester neighborhood, and Foster's office repeatedly refuses to identify the officer or inform the public as to his work status.
Two Weare police officers shoot and kill a fleeing suspect in a drug sting operation. Foster's office continues to refuse to identify the officers. The shooting occurred on Aug. 14.
When its top law agency, rather than being open and forthcoming with the people it claims to serve, declines to promptly answer the basic questions in very serious incidents, it promotes doubt, suspicion and distrust. That does a disservice to law enforcement and to the public.
That's a strange twist for those whose motto is to protect and serve.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: UNH and Dartmouth set to renew football rivalry - 0
- NH College Notebook: Butcher's retirement will mark the end of an era at KCS - 0
- NH College Notebook: Bedford's Turner starts fast for Quinnipiac women skaters - 0
- NH College Notebook: Former NH runners pace No. 6 Georgetown - 0
- NH College Notebook: St. Anselm, SNHU to battle in nationally televised game - 0
- NH College Notebook: Milford's Andrews collects ACC award - 0
- NH College Notebook: UNH swim team raises funds to help boy battle cancer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans