Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Colebrook police chief describes scene he found after gunpowder plant blew up
"I felt, kind of, the building shake, and then two loud reports. I looked west on Bridge Street, and there was a large cloud of black smoke." Cass said as he arrived moments later at the intersection of Bridge and Gould, firefighters and other emergency personnel started arriving on the run.
Cass said an acrid, orange smoke came from the rubble, irritating his eyes and nose. A man he saw at the scene "appeared to be somewhat in shock." Sheet metal that had once been the building's siding had been blasted away and some of the sideing was in nearby trees when Cass arrived.
Someone, he said, asked him if he could enter the building to "identify persons."
Inside laying on the floor the chief found the body of a 49-year-old Stratford man whom he had known well.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man has excuse for missing court in Conway - he was in jail - 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Man facing robbery charges sentenced on probation violations - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 6
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483