Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Colebrook police chief describes scene he found after gunpowder plant blew up
"I felt, kind of, the building shake, and then two loud reports. I looked west on Bridge Street, and there was a large cloud of black smoke." Cass said as he arrived moments later at the intersection of Bridge and Gould, firefighters and other emergency personnel started arriving on the run.
Cass said an acrid, orange smoke came from the rubble, irritating his eyes and nose. A man he saw at the scene "appeared to be somewhat in shock." Sheet metal that had once been the building's siding had been blasted away and some of the sideing was in nearby trees when Cass arrived.
Someone, he said, asked him if he could enter the building to "identify persons."
Inside laying on the floor the chief found the body of a 49-year-old Stratford man whom he had known well.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483