Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Nashua mother accused in beating death of her son offered plea deal by prosecutors
According to court documents, a plea deal has been presented to Unique S. Gould, 21, of 8 Ash Court, who is accused of repeatedly hitting Devon Gould, 2, causing a catastrophic brain injury and subsequent death.
During a dispositional conference hearing last month, Judge Diane Nicolosi scheduled jury selection for April 7, 2014, with Gould’s trial planned to begin on April 10, 2014, according to court records.
Following the boy’s hospitalization, Gould was interviewed by two detectives, at which time she allegedly acknowledged spanking her son on April 25, according to court documents.
Devon was placed on life support following the attack, and ultimately died two weeks later, family members previously told the New Hampshire Union Leader.
Gould’s public defense attorney, Anthony Sculimbrene, previously described this as a “very sad case.” In a prior statement, Sculimbrene said his client asserts her innocence.
READER COMMENTS: 17
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 40
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917