Snow days may not be a day off in Timberlane School District in Plaistow
Superintendent Earl Metzler has asked administrators in each of the district’s schools to look at plans for applying for the state Blizzard Bags program.
If 80 percent of the students in the district complete the assignments handed out for the snow days, then it qualifies as a day of school and an additional day is not added to the end of the school year.
“First, we have to put together a plan and apply,” said Metzler. “We could apply and if it gets approved, and then choose not to execute it.”
“We are under the gun as far as time goes,” he said. “We will share it with you as soon as we think we have something that can be approved. Then we can decide if it is something we want to use.”email@example.com
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 21
- Derry school district expects 2014-15 25-student enrollment increase - 0
- Derry teacher who brings science to life a national award finalist - 0
- Londonderry sophomore has a passion for the past - 0
- Students take part in seminar on privacy at Nashua North - 0
- Londonderry kids learn while doing on Toga Tuesday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112