Timberlane superintendent apologizes for lunch policy mistake that prevented food purchase on credit
The Timberlane Regional School District policy states that high school students can charge a la carte items at the cafeteria as long as they have less than $20 of debt.
"I've spoke to (superintendent Earl) Metzler four times this year about my daughter being denied something when the policy states that it goes to negative $20," said Kimberly Budreau. "She has never been at negative $20; she has been at zero, negative 10 cents and negative $1.10. And she happens to be a type I diabetic, but whether she was or not, I'd be frustrated about the policies you choose to adhere to and the ones you do not."
"We looked at the a la carte items at the high school, and students are able to charge up to $20," said Metzler.
Metzler apologized for the incident and said he would remain on top of making sure the high school follows the policy.
Metzler said he spoke to the food services department at the high school last year and told them that Budreau's daughter is diabetic should not be denied juice or water no matter what her balance is.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 22
- Derry school district expects 2014-15 25-student enrollment increase - 0
- Derry teacher who brings science to life a national award finalist - 0
- Londonderry sophomore has a passion for the past - 0
- Students take part in seminar on privacy at Nashua North - 0
- Londonderry kids learn while doing on Toga Tuesday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 6
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112