Home » News » Public Safety
Peterborough man ejected in Jaffrey crash
JAFFREY – A Peterborough man suffered a major head injury after being ejected from a vehicle on Route 202 Tuesday morning.
Christopher D. Drayton, 21, of Pine Street, Peterborough, was taken by helicopter to UMass Medical Center in Worcester, Mass.
His current condition is unknown, police said in a press release Tuesday afternoon.
Police and firefighters went to Route 202 in the area of the bridge by D.D. Beans at 8:26 a.m. Tuesday morning for a report of a multi-vehicle crash and a person lying injured in the road.
Drayton was found lying in the road with what appeared to be a major head injury, police said.
Drayton was driving a 1999 Subaru Forester north on Route 202 when “for reasons yet to be determined,” police said, the Subaru “failed to follow the roadway as it curved to the west, instead traveling straight and into the guardrail on the east side of the road.”
Witnesses reported the Subaru then veered sharply back onto the roadway, crossed into the oncoming lane of traffic, striking a 2006 Ford F450 pickup driven by Jeffrey C. Bennett, 51, of Winchendon, Mass., causing the Subaru to spin around 180 degrees. It came to a rest against the guardrail facing south on the east side of the road.
“Witnesses report that Drayton was ejected from the vehicle after hitting the truck, landing in the middle of the northbound lane,” police said.
Bennett said he was uninjured but was taken to Monadnock Community Hospital in Peterborough to be checked.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
Litchfield man found stabbed
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents