Home » News » Public Safety
Peterborough man ejected in Jaffrey crash
JAFFREY – A Peterborough man suffered a major head injury after being ejected from a vehicle on Route 202 Tuesday morning.
Christopher D. Drayton, 21, of Pine Street, Peterborough, was taken by helicopter to UMass Medical Center in Worcester, Mass.
His current condition is unknown, police said in a press release Tuesday afternoon.
Police and firefighters went to Route 202 in the area of the bridge by D.D. Beans at 8:26 a.m. Tuesday morning for a report of a multi-vehicle crash and a person lying injured in the road.
Drayton was found lying in the road with what appeared to be a major head injury, police said.
Drayton was driving a 1999 Subaru Forester north on Route 202 when “for reasons yet to be determined,” police said, the Subaru “failed to follow the roadway as it curved to the west, instead traveling straight and into the guardrail on the east side of the road.”
Witnesses reported the Subaru then veered sharply back onto the roadway, crossed into the oncoming lane of traffic, striking a 2006 Ford F450 pickup driven by Jeffrey C. Bennett, 51, of Winchendon, Mass., causing the Subaru to spin around 180 degrees. It came to a rest against the guardrail facing south on the east side of the road.
“Witnesses report that Drayton was ejected from the vehicle after hitting the truck, landing in the middle of the northbound lane,” police said.
Bennett said he was uninjured but was taken to Monadnock Community Hospital in Peterborough to be checked.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test