Home » News » Public Safety
Alcohol not a factor in fatal Raymond crash
RAYMOND — Police have determined that a young driver killed in a car accident Saturday was not under the influence of alcohol.
Alcohol was found in 18-year-old Leeann Bergeron’s Ford Explorer, but police said they are confident Bergeron was not under the influence.
Police responded to the rollover crash on Route 27 near the Riverbend Condominiums around 1:16 a.m. Saturday.
The car crashed into a guardrail after crossing the center line, and three of the four occupants were ejected. The one person who remained inside the car was the only one wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash and suffered only minor injuries, police said.
Shannon Hamel, 19, of Raymond, was treated and released at Elliot Hospital in Manchester. Chanelle Fuller, 18, of Raymond, was transported to Exeter Hospital with serious injuries.
Bergeron succumbed to her injuries after she was taken to the hospital. Police said a third occupant, identified as Haydn Reese, 20, of Epping, fled the scene before police and fire crews arrived.
The accident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua