Home » News » Public Safety
Alcohol not a factor in fatal Raymond crash
RAYMOND — Police have determined that a young driver killed in a car accident Saturday was not under the influence of alcohol.
Alcohol was found in 18-year-old Leeann Bergeron’s Ford Explorer, but police said they are confident Bergeron was not under the influence.
Police responded to the rollover crash on Route 27 near the Riverbend Condominiums around 1:16 a.m. Saturday.
The car crashed into a guardrail after crossing the center line, and three of the four occupants were ejected. The one person who remained inside the car was the only one wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash and suffered only minor injuries, police said.
Shannon Hamel, 19, of Raymond, was treated and released at Elliot Hospital in Manchester. Chanelle Fuller, 18, of Raymond, was transported to Exeter Hospital with serious injuries.
Bergeron succumbed to her injuries after she was taken to the hospital. Police said a third occupant, identified as Haydn Reese, 20, of Epping, fled the scene before police and fire crews arrived.
The accident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 6
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief