Home » News » Public Safety
Alcohol not a factor in fatal Raymond crash
RAYMOND — Police have determined that a young driver killed in a car accident Saturday was not under the influence of alcohol.
Alcohol was found in 18-year-old Leeann Bergeron’s Ford Explorer, but police said they are confident Bergeron was not under the influence.
Police responded to the rollover crash on Route 27 near the Riverbend Condominiums around 1:16 a.m. Saturday.
The car crashed into a guardrail after crossing the center line, and three of the four occupants were ejected. The one person who remained inside the car was the only one wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash and suffered only minor injuries, police said.
Shannon Hamel, 19, of Raymond, was treated and released at Elliot Hospital in Manchester. Chanelle Fuller, 18, of Raymond, was transported to Exeter Hospital with serious injuries.
Bergeron succumbed to her injuries after she was taken to the hospital. Police said a third occupant, identified as Haydn Reese, 20, of Epping, fled the scene before police and fire crews arrived.
The accident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 0
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 2
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- American Ambulance Service gets accreditation from industry group - 0
- Canaan man dies after vehicle falls on him - 1
- Police say party near Keene State got out of control, became 'mass casualty incident' - 19
- KSC president 'saddened and disheartened' at Pumpkin Festival mayhem - 2
- More violence at Keene - 3
- Londonderry man killed in Massachusetts motorcycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flash mob workshop will be a 'Thriller' - 0
- Former Royals slugger and current Giants scout Balboni's heart remains with San Francisco - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: The pesky problem of financing inventions - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 0
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 0
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 1
- Two nonprofits receive a 'quick' $25,000 after pitch - 0
- Big step forward for Littleton outdoor footwear manufacturer - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Monitoring social media
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
After riots, soul-searching begins
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy