Home » News » Public Safety
Alcohol not a factor in fatal Raymond crash
RAYMOND — Police have determined that a young driver killed in a car accident Saturday was not under the influence of alcohol.
Alcohol was found in 18-year-old Leeann Bergeron’s Ford Explorer, but police said they are confident Bergeron was not under the influence.
Police responded to the rollover crash on Route 27 near the Riverbend Condominiums around 1:16 a.m. Saturday.
The car crashed into a guardrail after crossing the center line, and three of the four occupants were ejected. The one person who remained inside the car was the only one wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash and suffered only minor injuries, police said.
Shannon Hamel, 19, of Raymond, was treated and released at Elliot Hospital in Manchester. Chanelle Fuller, 18, of Raymond, was transported to Exeter Hospital with serious injuries.
Bergeron succumbed to her injuries after she was taken to the hospital. Police said a third occupant, identified as Haydn Reese, 20, of Epping, fled the scene before police and fire crews arrived.
The accident remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 2
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof