Claremont was whacked by Monday storm
“There were a couple of isolated areas where I suspect the wind was in the 40 mile an hour range and that’s where it caused the damage,” Claremont Fire Chief Rick Bergeron said Tuesday.
The west-moving storm hit the city around 5 p.m. Monday, starting with high winds, he said.
A small section of the northeast corner of the city served by New Hampshire Electric Cooperative did not have its power restored until early morning, he said.
Red Water Brook Road, Sullivan Street, Rosita Lane and River Road were the most severely hit, he said.
About 100 facilities in town, including schools, factories and the hospital, are part of the system.
Bruce Temple, Claremont director of Public Works, said there were road closures Monday night due to down trees and power lines.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Forecasters say true to form, March will come in like a lion - 0
- NWS: North Country flooding risk near normal for now - 0
- Device may help solve weighty problem - 0
- Frequent snowstorms taking a toll on Manchester's plowing budget - 1
- After-school activities canceled in New Boston, Goffstown and Dunbarton - 0
- Pembroke extends parking ban - 0
- Latest storm will make it a short day for many students - 3
- Here we go again... Fast-moving storm headed to Granite State - 0
- Remember: Winter can't last forever - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?