NHIAA Roundup: Hopkinton, Bow booters tie in Div. III boys' soccer contest
Hillsboro-Deering 1, Monadnock 1:at Hillsboro, Max Parenteau’s goal was the offensive highlight for the Hillcats, who outshot Monadnock 17-4. Monadnock’s Bryce Blake recorded 16 saves. Hillsboro-Deering’s Brett Bennett made three stops.
Bedford 1, Londonderry 1: Meghan Foley scored in the first half for Bedford and Alexa Bedell, from Shannon Crowley, tallied for Londonderry in the 74th minute. Bedford goalie Brooke Barrett had 13 saves and Londonderry's Merissa Brousseau turned back seven shots. Bedford is 8-1-2 and Londonderry is 6-4-2.
Bedford 1, Keene 1: At Bedford, Keene's Christie Buyer scored with less than two minutes to play in regulation, but each team came up empty in overtime. Kathlyn Rooney scored for Bedford, which moved to 5-5-2. Bedford goalie Paige Noble made 17 saves.
Campbell 3, Epping 1 (25-21, 27-25, 24-26, 25-14): Epping was led by Cassidy Garrow with four aces and 13 digs. Olivia Goodrich added 15 assists and six digs.
Girls’ Cross Country
Souhegan 16, Milford 46: Kate Bermingham ran her fastest race of the season (20:41) for Souhegan. The Sabers captured six of the top seven places including the first four. Hannah Gillis (2nd, 20:49), Miclyn Noorda (3rd, 20:59), and Shannon Earley (4th, 21:42) ran solid times. Brianna Lippitt of Milford raced to 5th place in 21:49, and she was followed by Souhegan’s Emmy Ehrenstein (21:56) and Amy Lambert (22:02).
Souhegan 17, Milford 46: Eli Moskowitz led the way with a 16:48 clocking over the 5K course. He was followed by teammates Patrick Lynch (16:59) and Brett Quinn (17:07). Milford’s top finisher, Jacob Drescher placed fourth in 17:15. Souhegan was also led by Ben Platt (5th, 17:36), Ben Massa (6th, 17:45), Logan Landrum (7th, 17:48) and Mike Casey (8th, 17:59).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Boychuk’s status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Two in Keene robbed at home
Manchester man charged in forklift theft
Two robbed at gunpoint in Keene home
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list