NHIAA Roundup: Hopkinton, Bow booters tie in Div. III boys' soccer contest
Hillsboro-Deering 1, Monadnock 1:at Hillsboro, Max Parenteau’s goal was the offensive highlight for the Hillcats, who outshot Monadnock 17-4. Monadnock’s Bryce Blake recorded 16 saves. Hillsboro-Deering’s Brett Bennett made three stops.
Bedford 1, Londonderry 1: Meghan Foley scored in the first half for Bedford and Alexa Bedell, from Shannon Crowley, tallied for Londonderry in the 74th minute. Bedford goalie Brooke Barrett had 13 saves and Londonderry's Merissa Brousseau turned back seven shots. Bedford is 8-1-2 and Londonderry is 6-4-2.
Bedford 1, Keene 1: At Bedford, Keene's Christie Buyer scored with less than two minutes to play in regulation, but each team came up empty in overtime. Kathlyn Rooney scored for Bedford, which moved to 5-5-2. Bedford goalie Paige Noble made 17 saves.
Campbell 3, Epping 1 (25-21, 27-25, 24-26, 25-14): Epping was led by Cassidy Garrow with four aces and 13 digs. Olivia Goodrich added 15 assists and six digs.
Girls’ Cross Country
Souhegan 16, Milford 46: Kate Bermingham ran her fastest race of the season (20:41) for Souhegan. The Sabers captured six of the top seven places including the first four. Hannah Gillis (2nd, 20:49), Miclyn Noorda (3rd, 20:59), and Shannon Earley (4th, 21:42) ran solid times. Brianna Lippitt of Milford raced to 5th place in 21:49, and she was followed by Souhegan’s Emmy Ehrenstein (21:56) and Amy Lambert (22:02).
Souhegan 17, Milford 46: Eli Moskowitz led the way with a 16:48 clocking over the 5K course. He was followed by teammates Patrick Lynch (16:59) and Brett Quinn (17:07). Milford’s top finisher, Jacob Drescher placed fourth in 17:15. Souhegan was also led by Ben Platt (5th, 17:36), Ben Massa (6th, 17:45), Logan Landrum (7th, 17:48) and Mike Casey (8th, 17:59).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 26
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand