Roger Brown's First & 10: No. 1 to face biggest challenge yet
Nashua South turned in a dominant defensive effort in Friday night’s 28-6 victory over Exeter. It was the first time Exeter (3-2) hasn’t scored a touchdown in a game since a 42-0 loss to BG in the final week of the 2009 regular season. The Blue Hawks were held to two Matt Oppici field goals.
No. 6 Plymouth (5-0) is the highest-ranked team not from Division I. The Bobcats and No. 10 Trinity of Manchester (4-1) are the only Division II teams in the poll.
IN ADDITION to Friday night’s Concord-Pinkerton matchup, one other game that involves two Power Poll teams will be played this weekend. No. 5 BG will clash with No. 9 Spaulding on Saturday night in Nashua.
Spaulding’s two losses came against No. 3 Nashua South and No. 8 Keene.
IN ADDITION to St. Thomas, there are two unbeaten teams not ranked in the Power Poll: Division II Monadnock (5-0) and Division III Pelham (4-0).
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 22
- Derry school district expects 2014-15 25-student enrollment increase - 0
- Derry teacher who brings science to life a national award finalist - 0
- Londonderry sophomore has a passion for the past - 0
- Students take part in seminar on privacy at Nashua North - 0
- Londonderry kids learn while doing on Toga Tuesday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 6
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up