Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Commissioners, county attorney spar over access to jail probe
The sheriff’s department and county attorney’s office are in the process of a wider audit, delving into years’ worth of payroll records of current and former employees.
Nelson remains free on bail, and faces up to 7 ½ to 15 years in state prison if she is convicted.
Nelson’s husband, Keith, has not been charged in the case.
He said that so far the investigation has showed that policies at the jail regarding overtime were not followed.
Indictments say Nelson funneled money from last July until about May 15.
“We are going backwards from there to see when it all went off the rails,” Reams said.
“Unfortunately, what they would do is they would go to any supervisor to sign off (on overtime),” Coyle said. “That’s not the way it’s supposed to work.”
He said that commissioners have since spoken to jail staff to ensure policies about overtime are being followed closely.
“She got caught because of the checks and balances,” Coyle said, referring to Nelson.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Littleton police searching for man who attempted to rob gas station - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Ayotte tours Dover camping gear firm - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424