Home » News » Public Safety
Former Workout World building damaged in fire
NASHUA — A fire broke out Wednesday morning at a vacant commercial building on Main Street, and the cause of the blaze is still under investigation.A passer-by noticed the fire around 6 a.m. at the former Workout World facility at 300 Main St. When fire crews arrived, smoke and flames were visible from the roof of the building, according to fire officials.Two adjacent businesses were evacuated as a precaution. According to a release from Deputy Fire Chief Karl Gerhard, the fire was contained to the roof of the structure and was quickly brought under control.
He said the facility is currently vacant but was under renovation and had been used to house mechanical equipment until recently.
There are other businesses within the large commercial structure, including the Dollar Tree.
No one was injured in the fire, which is believed to have originated in the roof. The cause of the blaze is still under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Nashua man arrested in violent purse snatching - 0
- Weekly brother gave police wrong name - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld; Hassan asks lawmakers to repeal the law - 3
- Owner sought after fatal pitbull attack near Tuckerman Ravine - 1
- Big smiles as Market Basket customers and workers return - 9
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Patnode poised to win NH Weekly Series crown - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help