Home » News » Public Safety
Two men killed early Tuesday in Hopkinton explosion
HOPKINTON — Two men were killed early Tuesday in an explosion at New Yard Landscaping.
Police Chief Stephen Pecora said the men were found in a detached workshop of the 67 Farrington Corner Road business after the Fire Department responded to the explosion, which was reported about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday.
“The individuals did not have permission to be on the property,” Pecora said in a release.Pecora did not identify the men, saying family members hadn’t yet been notified as of Tuesday evening.He said the state Fire Marshal’s Office and state police also responded to the explosion and that its cause hasn’t yet been determined.According to the company’s website, it has been in business for 24 years, providing a host of residential and commercial landscaping services that include architectural design, excavation, septic system installation and snow removal.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072