May the best slice win
Children's Museum seeks competitors for its pizza challenge
The 5th annual pizza fest and silent auction is scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 16, from 5 to 7:30 p.m. at 6 Washington St. Advance tickets are available online at www.pizzafest.eventbrite.com for $10 for adults, $7 for children ages 3 to 10, and children under 2 are free. At the door, tickets are $12 and $9.
Duncanson said any venue can take part in the event. She cited the Spaghetti Stain, which brought French bread pizza even though it doesn’t have pizza on the regular menu.
While participants are required to offer cheese pizza and one other flavor, Duncanson said most bring three or four varieties — including roasted vegetables, honey barbecue chicken and dessert pizzas, which are a big hit.“They don’t tell us the pizzas there will bring,” Duncanson said. “They like that element of surprise.”
“You can try pizza from six to 10 restaurants,” Duncanson said, adding the pizzas are cut up into “tasting slices.” Area residents help choose the best pizzas in the following categories: Kids’ Choice Cheese and Grown-Ups’ Choice. Meanwhile, a group of experts will select the Judges’ Pick for Best Pizza, Best Crust and Most Creative Toppings.
For more information, please call the museum at 742-2002 or visit www.childrens-museum.org/.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.