No snow is never a problem at New Hampshire Grass Drags
A freestyle rider floats through the air during the Rave X performance at the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association’s annual Grass Drags and Water Cross races in Fremont last year. (UNION LEADER FILE)
Snow will be on the minds of the estimated 40,000 people expected at the New Hampshire Grass Drags and Water Cross competition this weekend. The event at Brookvale Farm on Martin Road begins Friday and runs through Sunday.
Professional freestyle rider Levi LaVallee will also bring his team and be available to sign autographs. LaVallee is a nine-time Winter X Games medalist and holds the world record for the longest snowmobile distance jump at 412 feet.
Doherty said some 300 riders are planning to participate this year, including amateurs who compete Friday night and Saturday afternoon.
In addition to the races, nearly 100 vendors will be selling snowmobile gear and other equipment.
The event also serves as the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association’s largest fundraiser of the year.
A three-day pass is $40. Children under 12 are free.
For more information, go to www.nhgrassdrags.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tasting Notes with Jim Beauregard: Turkey Day wines and a resource for brewers - 0
- Hopkinton vigil sheds a light on bullying - 0
- Goffstown taking aim at invasive species - 0
- First graders enjoy early Thanksgiving feast - 0
- Dover to hold 29th annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony - 0
- Manchester Christmas Parade steps off Dec. 6 - 0
- A Chat with Elsie: Silent auction, dancing highlights at 'Holiday of Hope' on Dec. 5 - 0
- After board OK's extension, Manchester mayor slams Hooksett tuition offer - 1
- Operation Santa helps disabled, elderly residents - 0
Flying in for some homestyle cooking
First graders enjoy early Thanksgiving feast
Hopkinton vigil sheds a light on bullying
Manchester Christmas Parade steps off Dec. 6
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection