No snow is never a problem at New Hampshire Grass Drags
A freestyle rider floats through the air during the Rave X performance at the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association’s annual Grass Drags and Water Cross races in Fremont last year. (UNION LEADER FILE)
Snow will be on the minds of the estimated 40,000 people expected at the New Hampshire Grass Drags and Water Cross competition this weekend. The event at Brookvale Farm on Martin Road begins Friday and runs through Sunday.
Professional freestyle rider Levi LaVallee will also bring his team and be available to sign autographs. LaVallee is a nine-time Winter X Games medalist and holds the world record for the longest snowmobile distance jump at 412 feet.
Doherty said some 300 riders are planning to participate this year, including amateurs who compete Friday night and Saturday afternoon.
In addition to the races, nearly 100 vendors will be selling snowmobile gear and other equipment.
The event also serves as the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association’s largest fundraiser of the year.
A three-day pass is $40. Children under 12 are free.
For more information, go to www.nhgrassdrags.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alice Cooper 'Raise The Dead – Live From Wacken' DVD out October 21 in North America via UDR Music - 0
- Joan Osborne & The Weight: Members of The Band in Plymouth next weekend - 0
- Signature Chefs Auction® Honors Manchester's Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield - 0
- Five Finger Death Punch co-headlining Fall arena tour with Volbeat kicks off today, hits Lowell September 26 - 0
- Win tickets to see Kip Moore - 0
- Win tickets to see Demi Lovato - 0
- Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio - 0
- Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads - 0
- Win tickets to see Tower of Power - 0
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children