A year of pain, grief for family of 'Lizzi' Marriott
One year since they believed their daughter, Elizabeth "Lizzi" Marriott, 19, was on her way to a friend's house from a class at the University of New Hampshire. One year since she was reported missing. And one year since the family discovered she had been murdered.
They did not find Marriott's body — her body has never been found — but on Oct. 13, police announced the arrest of Seth Mazzaglia, 30, of Dover for Marriott's murder. The details that followed were too much for any family to bear, but Bob Marriott, Lizzi's father, did his best to show strength to the many people who came out to show love and support for his family, both at UNH and in the family's hometown of Westborough, Mass.
Mazzaglia is facing numerous charges, including first- and second-degree murder alleging different theories of the crime. Last month, a new indictment was handed up by a Strafford County grand jury alleging a higher level of hindering apprehension and prosecution than previously revealed in court documents.
Following Mazzaglia's arrest, he and McDonough allegedly discussed getting married, motivated in part by a belief that McDonough would not be forced to testify against Mazzaglia.
In April, through their attorney George Thompson, the Marriott family said they are "resolute" in their demand for justice for Lizzi and their defense of her life and legacy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Boychuk’s status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Win tickets to see Monster Jam
John DiStaso's Granite Status: In DC, Bass meets with McConnell, other key Republicans, as he weighs US Senate run
Reid's rules: Politics before principle
Parade, Santa heading to city
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list