Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Sandown man convicted of carrying out burglaries
Joshua Fowler, 34, listened to a jury return guilty verdicts against him in Rockingham County Superior Court on Thursday. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/Union Leader Correspondent)
The verdicts rejected testimony by Fowler, who claimed he had no role in the break-ins that happened at homes in Derry, Londonderry and Hampstead between October 2009 and March 2010.
“The circumstantial facts scream that he was there,” Blanchard said. “He’s using his phone to make sure no one is home.”
“He is calling the victims of burglaries,” Blanchard said. “He must be the most unlucky man in the world.”Blanchard said signals from Fowler’s cell phone also placed him near the burglarized homes, and the pawn shops where stolen items were sold. Fowler testified on Wednesday that he was forced to talk to police after being taken into custody at a Lawrence, Mass., pawn shop, and had no role in the break-ins. He told jurors that he sometimes lent the cell phone linked to the burglaries to a friend.
Judge N. William Delker denied that request, saying the jury had enough evidence to decide the case.
Prosecutors offered alternative theories that Fowler either broke into the homes, or acted as an accomplice.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
- OHRV trail official hopes arrest will deter others - 0
- One arrested in fight near Manchester Super 8 - 0
- Alleged home invasion accomplice says his testimony was coerced - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 10
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
- Total Votes: 917