Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Sandown man convicted of carrying out burglaries
The verdicts rejected testimony by Fowler, who claimed he had no role in the break-ins that happened at homes in Derry, Londonderry and Hampstead between October 2009 and March 2010.
“The circumstantial facts scream that he was there,” Blanchard said. “He’s using his phone to make sure no one is home.”
“He is calling the victims of burglaries,” Blanchard said. “He must be the most unlucky man in the world.”Blanchard said signals from Fowler’s cell phone also placed him near the burglarized homes, and the pawn shops where stolen items were sold. Fowler testified on Wednesday that he was forced to talk to police after being taken into custody at a Lawrence, Mass., pawn shop, and had no role in the break-ins. He told jurors that he sometimes lent the cell phone linked to the burglaries to a friend.
Judge N. William Delker denied that request, saying the jury had enough evidence to decide the case.
Prosecutors offered alternative theories that Fowler either broke into the homes, or acted as an accomplice.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 1
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 3
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424