Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Prosecutors: Phone calls to homes link serial burglar to break-ins
Assistant County Attorney Jerome Blanchard, right, questions accused burglar Joshua Fowler, 34, during his trial Wednesday in Rockingham County Superior Court. (JAMES A. KIMBLE PHOTO)
Joshua Fowler, 34, formerly of Sandown and Derry, is on trial for playing a role in the break-ins that happened at homes in Derry, Londonderry and Hampstead between October 2009 and March 2010.
Prosecutors said Wednesday that a key piece of evidence against Fowler was his cell phone calls made to the targeted homes prior to the break-ins.
Judge N. William Delker rejected calls by defense lawyer Mark Stevens to dismiss the seven felony counts of burglary, saying jurors had enough evidence to decide the case.
He told jurors that he would never commit a burglary.
“I would never do that,” Fowler testified. “My house got broken into when I was a kid and it’s the worse feeling in the world.”
“I was working two jobs at the time and had my tax return of 11 grand,” Fowler testified. “I didn’t need any money.”
“I have no reason why that phone would be calling those residences,” Fowler testified. “I was not in possession of it.”
Blanchard confronted Fowler about the phone calls made to the homes on his cell phone, and trips to pawn shops that Fowler made that year.
Blanchard confronted Fowler citing the testimony of homeowners who claimed the valuables belonged to them.
A grand jury indicted Fowler in September 2011, but he did not appear in court until May 31 after becoming listed as a “Fugitive of the Week” by the U.S. Marshal’s Service.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 15
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483