Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Prosecutors: Phone calls to homes link serial burglar to break-ins
Joshua Fowler, 34, formerly of Sandown and Derry, is on trial for playing a role in the break-ins that happened at homes in Derry, Londonderry and Hampstead between October 2009 and March 2010.
Prosecutors said Wednesday that a key piece of evidence against Fowler was his cell phone calls made to the targeted homes prior to the break-ins.
Judge N. William Delker rejected calls by defense lawyer Mark Stevens to dismiss the seven felony counts of burglary, saying jurors had enough evidence to decide the case.
He told jurors that he would never commit a burglary.
“I would never do that,” Fowler testified. “My house got broken into when I was a kid and it’s the worse feeling in the world.”
“I was working two jobs at the time and had my tax return of 11 grand,” Fowler testified. “I didn’t need any money.”
“I have no reason why that phone would be calling those residences,” Fowler testified. “I was not in possession of it.”
Blanchard confronted Fowler about the phone calls made to the homes on his cell phone, and trips to pawn shops that Fowler made that year.
Blanchard confronted Fowler citing the testimony of homeowners who claimed the valuables belonged to them.
A grand jury indicted Fowler in September 2011, but he did not appear in court until May 31 after becoming listed as a “Fugitive of the Week” by the U.S. Marshal’s Service.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424