Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Former Congressman Chuck Douglas' firm representing family of woman shot by state police
"The circumstances are troubling, and it's appropriate for her family to be looking for answers," Lehmann said. He said his firm is interested in seeing any photo, video or audio recordings from the shooting or its aftermath.
The lawyer said it's too early to say what the family will do, but he acknowledged that a wrongful death lawsuit could be a possibility. Douglas said the Attorney General's Office will have to complete its investigation before any decision is made.
Meanwhile, the Lawrence family released a statement through the Douglas-Lehmann law office on Tuesday.
"We feel it is in the best interest of all to hold a private celebration of Wendy's life and a private wake for the surviving members of our family and our personal friends. As Wendy's death was a tragedy and awakened the emotions of even those who did not know her, we feel it is our responsibility to help keep the peace," the statement reads.
"Please only pursue truth and justice with the decency and respect that we know Wendy deserves and would have wanted," the statement reads.
Lawrence's body remains in a morgue, and the family is working on ensuring a proper burial for her, Lehmann said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 0
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483