Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Former Congressman Chuck Douglas' firm representing family of woman shot by state police
"The circumstances are troubling, and it's appropriate for her family to be looking for answers," Lehmann said. He said his firm is interested in seeing any photo, video or audio recordings from the shooting or its aftermath.
The lawyer said it's too early to say what the family will do, but he acknowledged that a wrongful death lawsuit could be a possibility. Douglas said the Attorney General's Office will have to complete its investigation before any decision is made.
Meanwhile, the Lawrence family released a statement through the Douglas-Lehmann law office on Tuesday.
"We feel it is in the best interest of all to hold a private celebration of Wendy's life and a private wake for the surviving members of our family and our personal friends. As Wendy's death was a tragedy and awakened the emotions of even those who did not know her, we feel it is our responsibility to help keep the peace," the statement reads.
"Please only pursue truth and justice with the decency and respect that we know Wendy deserves and would have wanted," the statement reads.
Lawrence's body remains in a morgue, and the family is working on ensuring a proper burial for her, Lehmann said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal