Home » News » Public Safety
Search for missing Conway teen grows in intensity
Abigail Hernandez was reported missing by her mother, Zenya Hernandez. Police said when her mother returned to their home at 86 Village Way Wednesday, the teenager was not there.
Hernandez, reached Thursday evening, began to speak to a Union Leader reporter about her daughter's disappearance, but a woman identifying herself as "the county attorney" abruptly ended the interview.
At a news conference Thursday evening, Police Chief Edward Wagner said police are handling the matter as a missing person case.
"There's no reason to believe that this is any more than a missing person case right now," he said. "We'll search the area where Abigail was last seen and the search will continue into tonight and tomorrow."
Jane Young, senior assistant attorney general, said the Attorney General's Office, which typically takes over homicide investigations, is in Conway to help search for Abigail.
Young said the Attorney General's Office is providing investigators and attorneys to help.
"This is what we do in New Hampshire," she said. "We come together and we work together.
So far, the investigation has included witness interviews, a search of Abigail's home and the surrounding area and traces of phone calls. Her name was submitted to the National Crime Information Center as a missing person.
She was last seen wearing black yoga or stretch pants, a gray sweatshirt and black boots.
New Hampshire Union Leader staff reporter Ted Siefer contributed to this report.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police mum on reported shooting in Manchester - 0
- Manchester men charged with drive-by shooting in Nashua - 0
- Multiple reports say deal reached for Arthur T. to buy Market Basket - 0
- Fisher Cats get behind early, fall to Senators - 0
- Sox downed on pinch-hit homer - 0
- Sister of accused Boston marathon bombers arrested after bomb threat - 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Bruins agree to long-term agreement with Providence - 0
- Stewart probe goes on - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Weekly brother gave police wrong name