Greenfield church to shut down its service on Sunday
Members of GCC are putting their faith into action by canceling their regular Sunday service at Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center, 1 Verney Drive, to practice purposeful acts of service throughout their community.
The weekend will begin with a bake sale Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. to raise money for the various Faith in Action projects. The bake sale will be held at Delay’s Harvester Market in the center of the village.
On Sunday, participants will gather at the Greenfield Covenant Church’s Ministry Center at 12 Depot Drive at 9 a.m. for a short session of prayer and singing; and the group will then disburse to work on the projects, which include improving the playground and nature trail at Greenfield Elementary School and painting projects at Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center.
“We’re excited about how our congregation has rallied to support this special Sunday of service to our community. The people who have signed up for the various projects obviously see the value of what we are doing and want to help. We invite everyone to join us,” says GCC’s pastor, the Rev. Dr. Dan Osgood.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bishop of Rochester, N.Y., will be homilist for annual Red Mass - 0
- Religion Briefs: Divorce and separation support group meets in Goffstown - 0
- Annual dedication of Starr Memorial Garden scheduled - 0
- Bethany Covenant Church in Bedford celebrates 125 years, looks toward future - 0
- Season of Epsom Bible Church AWANA Clubs to begin - 0
- St. Michael's church in Exeter to offer financial course - 0
- Nursing home chaplain launches ministry - 0
- Milford Bible study group to meet on Sept. 10 - 0
- Hundreds attend Mass for slain journalist from NH - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 3
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 2
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Labor fines proposed on school project