Greenfield church to shut down its service on Sunday
Members of GCC are putting their faith into action by canceling their regular Sunday service at Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center, 1 Verney Drive, to practice purposeful acts of service throughout their community.
The weekend will begin with a bake sale Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. to raise money for the various Faith in Action projects. The bake sale will be held at Delay’s Harvester Market in the center of the village.
On Sunday, participants will gather at the Greenfield Covenant Church’s Ministry Center at 12 Depot Drive at 9 a.m. for a short session of prayer and singing; and the group will then disburse to work on the projects, which include improving the playground and nature trail at Greenfield Elementary School and painting projects at Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center.
“We’re excited about how our congregation has rallied to support this special Sunday of service to our community. The people who have signed up for the various projects obviously see the value of what we are doing and want to help. We invite everyone to join us,” says GCC’s pastor, the Rev. Dr. Dan Osgood.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester education standards proposal derided at public hearing - 6
- Proposed Common Core alternative will get public review tonight - 6
- New headmaster eager to take the reins at Pinkerton - 0
- SNHU, NH Institute of Art merger talk creates anxiety for some - 4
- UNH- Manchester looks to move into Pandora building - 2
- Wilton school project begins - 0
- Nashua explores taking over Brentwood School - 0
- Franklin Pierce lays off four full-time employees - 0
- New Highland-Goffe's Falls principal starts job today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms