Ashland housing for vets gets OK from ZBA
The proposal comes from a group of area businesses and organizations that have partnered with Soldier On, a national homeless veterans advocacy group. The groups want to develop nine acres of flat woodlands on Riverside Drive into four buildings with at least 50 one-bedroom units.
Soldier On housing projects are permanent cooperatives that provide formerly homeless veterans with safe, sustainable, affordable housing while transitioning them from homelessness to homeownership, as veterans are able to buy their dwellings with special payment arrangements.
“The bottom line is that this project and its residents will be a tremendous addition to the already great town of Ashland.”
Willis and Deb Holland spoke at the previous zoning board meeting, questioning whether the town could offer homeless veterans the services they need.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Saint Raphael Church in Manchester to hold Advent concert on Dec. 3 - 0
- Annual collection helps Diocese of Manchester religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- New spokesman named for Diocese of Manchester - 0
- First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Derry celebrates 100 years - 0
- Ararat Armenian Congregational Church in Salem celebrates 100 years, welcomes pastor - 0
- Interfaith Thanksgiving Service is Monday - 1
- Annual collection helps religious communities address retirement shortfall - 0
- Keene church to hold Colonial Thanksgiving service Sunday - 0
- New Baptist church opening in Concord - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'