NHIAA Football: Bedford storms past Memorial
That's when his Bedford Bulldogs really turn on the jets. Twenty-eight second quarter points Friday helped the Bulldogs to a 45-14 win over Manchester Memorial.
In fact, it was Memorial making plays early. Deon Ball returned the opening kickoff 44 yards to the Bulldog 36.
But the Crusaders stalled at the 25 and turned the ball over on downs.
But Memeorial came right back with an eight-play, 70-yard drive capped by a one- yard run by Peter Abood.
But as off as the Bulldogs have been on the first quarter, they have been catching fire in the second.Colella kept finding his favorite target Nate Jaeger open in the end zone. Jaeger had touchdown catches of 28 and 25 yards to make it 19-7.
Jaeger added to his big night with an interception late in the second.
Two plays later, a scrambling Colella hit a wide-open Vailas for a 43-yard touchdown making it 35-7 at the half.
Keenan McCoole added a field goal.
"Nate is very athletic. He was open when I needed him," Coella said.
Hines said that going repeatedly to Jaeger wasn't in the game plan, but that he is a great target when his other receivers are covered.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Copper stolen from old Salem school
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Two in Keene robbed at home
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list