NHIAA Football: Bedford storms past Memorial
That's when his Bedford Bulldogs really turn on the jets. Twenty-eight second quarter points Friday helped the Bulldogs to a 45-14 win over Manchester Memorial.
In fact, it was Memorial making plays early. Deon Ball returned the opening kickoff 44 yards to the Bulldog 36.
But the Crusaders stalled at the 25 and turned the ball over on downs.
But Memeorial came right back with an eight-play, 70-yard drive capped by a one- yard run by Peter Abood.
But as off as the Bulldogs have been on the first quarter, they have been catching fire in the second.Colella kept finding his favorite target Nate Jaeger open in the end zone. Jaeger had touchdown catches of 28 and 25 yards to make it 19-7.
Jaeger added to his big night with an interception late in the second.
Two plays later, a scrambling Colella hit a wide-open Vailas for a 43-yard touchdown making it 35-7 at the half.
Keenan McCoole added a field goal.
"Nate is very athletic. He was open when I needed him," Coella said.
Hines said that going repeatedly to Jaeger wasn't in the game plan, but that he is a great target when his other receivers are covered.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bucks snap skid at 11, top Celtics - 0
- Green, Celtics blow out Cavs - 0
- Celtics late rally falls short - 0
- Crawford, Celtics ease past Bobcats - 0
- Celtics top Hawks to halt six-game skid - 0
- Spurs top Celtics to extend win streak - 0
- Timberwolves hand Celtics third straight loss - 0
- Aldridge double-double sends Celtics to loss - 0
- Warning sign saves former St. A hoop coach Clifford - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
- Ex-Littleton man sentenced to prison for DWI crash - 0
- Greenfield planners seek input on Heritage District plan proposal - 0
There are no little jobs in the armed forces
Supreme Court hears CopBlock founders appeal of felony conviction for recording public officials
Man robs Keene convenience store
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
A chief walks: No charges in New London
Big tipper stops for lunch